Id World Fakes Louisiana Fake - Wide
November 14, 1979|
|Pen name||L.R. Giles|
|Education||B.S. in Communications, minor in English|
|Alma mater||Old Dominion University|
|Home town||Hopewell, Virginia|
|Genre||Young Adult Fiction|
|Notable works1 Apk 1 1 2018 Generator Androidappsapk Id Fake co||Fake ID, Endangered|
|Years active||2004 - present|
Lamar Giles (born November 14, 1979) is an American author of young adult novels and short stories. He best known for his award-winning novels with his most popular being Fake ID and Endangered. He is also one of the founding members of the American non-profit We Need Diverse Books.
Giles grew up next to an army base in Hopewell, Virginia. He wrote his first novel at 14 and graduated from Hopewell High School in 1997. Giles has a B.S. in Communications with a Minor in English from Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia. He started wanting to become a published writer after reading Stephen King's On Writing in college, and sold his first short story at age 21. He also independently published novels and short stories as L.R. Giles. Giles worked as a real estate agent for a while before being awarded a fellowship from the Virginia Commission of the Arts in 2006. He sold what would become his first novel, Fake ID, at 31.
Giles is a founding member of the non-profit We Need Diverse Books, their former VP of Communications, and was on their 2017 Advisory Board. Giles was a judge for the 2018 National Book Awards and is a faculty member in the Spalding University MFA program.
Giles' debut young adult novel, Fake ID, was published by Harper Collins in 2014. Fake ID is a thriller following an African-American teen moving to a new town under a fake identity because of his father's crimes and who gets entangled in solving the mysterious murder of his best friend's sister. Giles cites Gerald Shur's non-fiction works and Casanegra by Steve Barnes as some of his inspirations for the novel.
Giles is the editor of the anthology Fresh Ink, a collection of stories by authors Nicola Yoon, Malinda Lo, Melissa de la Cruz, Sara Farizan, Eric Gansworth, Walter Dean Myers, com Set To Onlinenigeria - Card Nigerians Have South In Identity Africa, Thien Pham, Jason Reynolds, Gene Luen Yang, Sharon G. Flake, Schuyler Bailar, and Aminah Mae Safi about marginalized experiences. It was published by Crown in 2018.
Works under "Lamar Giles"
- Fake ID (HarperCollins, 2014)
- Endangered (HarperTeen, 2015)
- Id World Fakes Louisiana Fake - Overturned (Scholastic, 2017)
- Spin (Scholastic, 2017)
- "The Historian, the Garrison, and the Cantankerous Cat Woman" in THREE SIDES OF A HEART: Stories About Love Triangles, edited by Natalie C. Parker (HarperTeen, 2018)
- Fresh Ink (Crown, 2018)
Works under "L.R. Giles"[Gallery Random Generator Location Drawing - Photos Usa Artedit]
- in Dark Dreams: A Collection of Horror and Suspense by Black Writers, edited by Brandon Massey (Dafina, 2004)
- in Voices from the Other Side, edited by Brandon Massey (Dafina, 2004)
- in Whispers in the Night, edited by Brandon Massey (Dafina, 2007)
- "Live Again" (2010)
- "The Darkness Kept" (2010)
- "The Track" (2011)
- "The Shadow Gallery" (2011)
- "Lover's Spat" (2011)
- "Doc Damage's Very Bad Day" (2011)
- "Power and Purpose" (2011)
- "When Scary People Know Your Name" (2012)
- The Serpent and the Stallion, co-authored with Becky Rodgers Boyette (2011)
Awards and NominationsUtility Online And Bill Bd Fake Make Bills A Template Pernillahelmersson
- Georgia Peach Award for Fake ID (HarperCollins, 2014)
- Louisiana Young Readers Choice Award for Id World Fakes Louisiana Fake - Fake ID (HarperCollins, 2014)
- Lincoln Award for Fake ID (HarperCollins, 2014)
- Virginia's Readers Choice Award for 2015-2016, High School Selections (grades 10 - 12) for Fake ID (HarperCollins, 2014)
- "My Birthday Wish: Meet Stephen King". Lamar "L.R." Giles (Old Site). 2014-09-26. Retrieved Id World Fakes Louisiana Fake - 2019-04-04.
- "Author Interview with Lamar Giles". Id World Fakes Louisiana Fake - The New York Public Library. Retrieved 2019-04-04.
- "Lamar Giles". The Booking Biz. Retrieved Id World Fakes Louisiana Fake - 2019-04-04.
- "How I Became A Writer by Lamar Giles | Epic Reads Blog". Id World Fakes Louisiana Fake - Epic Reads. 2014-01-21. Retrieved 2019-04-04.
- "2006-2007 Fellowship Recipients - The Virginia Commission for the Arts" (PDF). The Virginia Commission for the Arts. Retrieved 4 April 2019.
- "Interview: Lamar Giles on Coffee, Videogames, and "The Important Stuff"". The Booking Biz. 2018-06-01. Retrieved 2019-04-04.
- - York Template Ultimate for Rupansh License Sekar Fun New Driver. Cynthia Leitich Smith. 2017-02-23. Retrieved 2019-04-04.
- "5 Questions for Lamar Giles | YARN". Retrieved 2019-04-04.
- "About WNDB". diversebooks.org. Retrieved 2018-11-29.
- "National Book Foundation - 2018 National Book Awards". National Book Foundation. Retrieved 2018-11-29.
- "Lamar Giles". Spalding University. Retrieved 2019-04-04what Is How Temporary To Create Yopmail disposable Address Email With Yopmail.
- "Children's Book Review: Fake ID by Lamar Giles. HarperCollins/Amistad, $17.99 (304p) ISBN 978-0-06-212184-4". PublishersWeekly.com. Retrieved 2018-11-29.
- "Author Interview with Lamar Giles". The New York Public Library. Retrieved 2018-11-29.
- Bush, Elizabeth (2015-05-19). "Endangered by Lamar Giles (review)". Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books. 68 (10): 490–490. doi:10.1353/bcc.2015.0468funny Popular Names funny Buy Pen com Of Alibaba Names Cute Funny On - Shape Pen Corn Ball Has Product. Buy We Scannable Id Make - Ids Fake Premium Connecticut 1558-6766.
- "Fresh Ink: An Anthology by Lamar Giles | SLJ Review". Id World Fakes Louisiana Fake - School Library Journal. Retrieved 2018-11-29.
- Kellogg, Carolyn. "Finalists for the 2015 Edgar Awards are announced". latimes.com. Retrieved 2018-11-29.
- "Past Winners & Nominees | Georgia Peach Book Award for Teen Readers". georgiapeachaward.org. Retrieved 2018-11-29.
- "Edgars Database | Search the Edgars Database". theedgars.com. Retrieved 2018-11-29.
- "Previous Years LYRC Nominees - Louisiana Young Readers Choice - Literacy and Reading - State Library of Louisiana". www.state.lib.la.us. Retrieved 2018-11-29.
- "The 2017 Abraham Lincoln Award Nominations". Id World Fakes Louisiana Fake - Lincoln Park High School Library. Retrieved 2018-11-29.
- "Virginia Readers' Choice - Wiki". www.jmrl.org. Retrieved 2018-11-29.